Microservices is a new Cloud Paradigm software architecture style in which complex applications are composed of small, independent processes communicating with each other using language-agnostic APIs.
These services are small, highly decoupled and focus on doing a small task, facilitating a modular approach to system-building.
Properties of Microservices architecture:
- Elastic > A microservice must be able to scale, up or down, independently of other services in the same application.
- Resilient > A microservice must fail without impacting other services in the same application.
- Composable > A microservice must offer an interface that is uniform and is designed to support service composition.
- Minimal > A microservice must only contain highly cohesive entities
- Complete > A microservice must be functionally complete
Benefits of Microservices:
- The services are easy to replace
- Services are organized around capabilities
- Services can be implemented using different programming languages, databases, hardware and software environment, depending on what fits best
- Architectures are symmetrical rather than hierarchical (producer – consumer)
- lends itself to a continuous delivery software development process
Cook Systems provides a full range of Microservices offerings including Consulting, Application and API Interface Development, MS optimized Quality Assurance and Continuous Delivery processes.